Personal Development is a life changing journey, not a destination but a journey of creating your life to fit your design. It is a journey that is completely within your power to control.
Too often, people think they are working on themselves because they are broken and need to be repaired. This is in no way true. You are who you are and where you are because it is where you should be right now. It may not be where you choose to be, but where you are is directly related to your current and past thinking, who you are inside and the choices you have made. It in no way reflects on the future and where you can be 1 year, 5 years or 20 years from now, it is simply the past.
This is the challenge we face. Instead of giving energy and effort in fixing ourselves, we should focus on molding or creating ourselves to be exactly what we really want to be. We must have a solid vision of what we are creating and go about the process of creating it.
In order to do this, we must have a solid Personal Development regimen to guide us so we can get the most out of our development. The universe likes speed and once the alignment of your desires, your goals and your actions are in alignment, things can happen very quickly.
Here are a few steps you can take to get the most out of your development:
1) Have crystal clear goals - know exactly what you want. The more specific the better.
2) Write out your goals everyday - Spend time first thing every morning to set your goals into your subconscious mind. Write them out...
3) Visualize your goals. See yourself in possession of whatever it is you are working toward.
4) Read good books, books that will help you get what you want.
5) Practice diligence. As I tell people I coach in my business, "the only way you can fail is to quit".
If you want something badly enough, it is worth commiting to yourself the diligence necessary to have it.
Draw yourself a clear map of the journey you are on. Develop a daily plan of operation and stick to your plan.
If you do not have the level of commitment to accomplish your goal, then possibly you are working toward the wrong goal. Spend quiet time every day to meditate on your goals and make sure the goals you are working toward are what you truly want.