3/09/2007

To Have Something You Have Never Had

"To have something you have never had, you must do something you have never done". We have all heard it, we have probably chuckled a little about it, not really taking it to heart.

I have also heard the definition of insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Now I am not admitting I was insane, but I did have some misconceptions about my own ability and direction.

When I first started on my journey through personal development years ago, I learned about the Law of Attraction and how important my words and thoughts were in creating my life. I set goals, focused on those goals, visualized and then went merrily on with my life, doing nothing different, but hoping for something new.

I am certain that I heard the phrase about doing something I had never done many times, but the student must be ready to change apparently. Other than my level of excitement and expectation for my future (not to mention my attitude), nothing about my external life changed at all.

I knew that I wanted to have a business but I was skeptical and "looking" for the perfect opportunity (I obviously wanted a guarantee). Over and over again, I responded to ads, discredited them, and just kept looking for the perfect answer. Nothing in my actions changed. I changed my thinking about goals, what I wanted and my attitude was different, but did not change what I was doing in any way at all.

Then I answered an ad about a business opportunity and when I started to back off, the advisor I talked to asked me two questions.

1) Have you ever had the amount of money you want to make? (Not hardly, I had huge goals)

2) Why do you think you will ever have it, if you keep doing the same things over and over and have never gotten the results you wanted previously? Adding, "at some point, you will have to take action to change your results".

It was like a slap in the face! Yes, I had heard many times that I needed to change what I was doing to have something different but apparently it never resonated with me. This time, I got the message loud and clear. I had to take a leap of faith that God would bring me what I wanted, if only I left it up to Him and not up to me.

Realizing I could not continue on the same path, I decided to take action this time. I had put my desires out to Him, I made my desires known, I had to open the door to receive. I jumped into the opportunity with both feet, full speed ahead.

Here I am almost 3 years later and I am so grateful that my faith was redirected to God and not to me. He does bring to us exactly what we want if we will just trust Him and allow the opportunity into our lives instead of only trusting ourselves, He will provide.

God brings us our desires through various means. Mine happened to be a business opportunity. A business that allows me to do three things I have always wanted to do, live at the beach, write and help others in a big way.

I am living my purpose and my dream, simply because I was willing to do something I had never done before. Now I have what I never had before, absolute freedom! All because I took action and had faith.

To your success!