4/08/2007

Gotta Get Goals - The Power of Your Mind's Eye

Alex Shalman at Practical Personal Development started this meme some while ago. I have actually been tagged twice but am a bit behind since I was traveling for a while. But, I am back on track now and want to thank Edward Mills at Evolving Times for tagging me on this one. Plus, I have to say, this is a tough one. Although I do believe in talking about your goals, I also have long believed you must speak of your goals to yourself as though they have been created in order to speak them into being. One must be very careful to "see" themselves as successful. When speaking of "wanting" things, you open the Law of Attraction to bring more want by focusing on the fact you do not have what you want and therefore focusing on lack, which will only bring more lack.

So, here go my 5 greatest goals. These are pictures of how my life will be, not the things "I want":

1) I see myself with a powerful personal relationship with God. A relationship which allows me to speak with Him and hear Him vividly in every area of my life. I see God as giving me specific instruction in every day issues and in every activity of my life. I constantly and consistently work on this relationship and learning to listen for God's voice and guidance as well as identifying the people and situations He brings into my life.

2) I see us (my husband and myself) traveling the world, living wherever we choose for as long as we choose. I have seen much of the world and see myself returning to these wonderful places with my best friend and without a time frame, spending one month or six months, whatever we choose to do.

3) I see myself making a real difference in the world. I see a great philanthropic endeavor being achieved. I see a community center or a place of motivation and achievement which will be a life changing experience for everyone who chooses to be a part of it.

4) I see me doing everything on my list of 101 things to do before I die. I have been maintaining this list for years and constantly add to it. My vision is to do these things as they come to me and looking back on my life knowing I have done everything I had a passion for. (I will write about this list some day, it would probably surprise everyone!)

5) I love public speaking and have done a great deal of it in the Corporate World, but now... I see myself speaking in front of thousands, guiding them to live the life they truly deserve, reaching for their wildest dreams and living lives of extraordinary results.

These are probably not as vivid as you would like, but they are powerful to me. I see these as coming to me, I can visualize everyone of these and will continue to focus on them everyday, knowing this focus will bring them to me. The mind's eye is an amazing thing and can trick the subconscious mind into thinking what it sees. With this, the Law of Attraction (God) then puts into place the opportunities and the people to make things come to pass.

Success to everyone!

Now I tag:

Kevin Kinchen Creative Power of Thought
Praveen at Tao-Simple
Barbara Sundquist at Home Business Wiz
Lorna Doone at O-My-Goodness
Anastasia Kile at Beyond Manifesting