1/02/2007

Baby Boomers Beware

Yes, I am a baby boomer. People frequently ask me why I have started a business in my mid 50's. What an absurd question that is. My life is just beginning and I want to live it in an extreme way. There are many things I have not yet accomplished, in fact, I have a list of over 100 things yet to do in this life.

At age 53, I realized that I had very little to retire on. The attack of 911 wiped out my 401k which I actually see as a blessing now. To think that I would have even considered retiring wtih just a quarter of a million saved. How long would that have lasted?

When I started my business, I knew that continuing on the road of the "work world" would do very little at my age to give me the lifestyle I really wanted. Instead, I took the higher road, the road of creating my own life. Looking back, it is the best decision I have ever made (except for marrying my wonderful husband of course).

Baby Boomers or shall we say anyone in the world of being an employee is fooled into thinking that they will have a wonderful retirement. People get stuck in a job they hate, in a lifestyle they do not want to live but are fooled into believing they must stay there. When the real reason is FEAR (False Evidence Apparearing Real). Fear of the unknown keeps more people from stepping out and claiming their success than any other reason.

There are a million ways to make a million dollars and far easier than saving for your entire life while someone else pays you what you are worth to them. I implore you to take a long hard look at where you will be just 5 years from now on your current path.

The best way to have financial independence is to create it for yourself with a solid business model. I now make more in a month than I used to make in a year as a Call Center Manager and more in a year than I would have ever been able to save in a lifetime. Plus, I work only 20 hours per week instead of the 60 I worked prior.

You can too, it is so easy. But, the hardest part is taking action. So, Baby Boomers beware. The road to retirement is a smooth one but the retirement itself may not be. Step out of the box and grab the golden ring. I did and what a difference that made in my life.

Make it a great day and Take Action!